Control/Compact Logix PLC5/SLC Mapping Function

cjh

Is there a trick to get this function to work with the Binary Data Type?
I can get the Integer and Float data type to work with no problem, but I get errors when I try to map over the Binary Data Type?
I would assume that this work since RS Logix 5K let's me map down to file number 3 (Actually lets me map down to 1).

I use an array of INT's after playing with a BOOLEAN array and getting weird mapping.

When you think of it, using something like b3/49 (in SLC land) is just a shortcut way of b3:3/1

Dave makes a good point. One other thing to consider, is why are you even trying to map bools (B3 like binaries)?

Just map an integer file, and access it the normal way for integers; ie: N35:15/01.

It should end up being much more efficient.

Strange...it's working on my Compact Logix this morning. When I tried it on a Control Logix yesterday, I'm sure it didn't work. I will try again later today.

One other thing to consider, is why are you even trying to map bools (B3 like binaries)?

I'm trying to convert over a project that was previously created for a SLC 5/03 and I'm trying to change as little as possible.

It should end up being much more efficient.

Probably true. Efficiency on performance is not a concern in this setup.

Thanks for the replies.

cjh said:
Strange...it's working on my Compact Logix this morning.

IIRC, when I first tried it, it seemed to work, but for only maybe 8 bits at a time, skipping 8, then working for the next 8. Or something like that. It was 3 years ago using v11.

What I endded up with was an INT array, named B3, so using B3[xx].yy mapped directly to the same addressing (B3:xx/yy) in my CTC HMI.

So if you use it that way, you just can't use B3/ZZZZ type addressing and you can use the same addresses as in the SLC 5/03.