Wireless PLC monotoring

dward

I saw an application and got this idea. There was an overhead carrier that ran in a loop delivering parts. The overhead carrier was controlled by an Allen Bradley SLC500 with a 5/03 processor. The SLC was mounted overhead on the carrier. I was wondering if anyone knows of anything on the market that would allow PLC monitoring from the ground. I was thinking wireless transmission.

Cheers,
Donnie

We do this all the time with spread-spectrum radio modems running in the 900 MHz range. Data-Linc SRM6000, for example, look just like a piece of wire to the DF1 Full Duplex driver in RSLinx.

The radios you choose are going to depend on what sort of range you need, and whether you're going to try to integrate into a wide-area network like an Ethernet network.

For just "programming and monitoring from the ground", I'd look for Data-Linc SRM6000 or Prosoft RadioLinx.