ControLogix Program Execution Time

peterjfox

Application using ControlLogix 1756-L61 processor with complex comms. communicating to other plant vie ethernet, devicenet, profibus and controlnet. Also 17 slot extension rack connected by controlnet. the ladder logic will be quite long, previous code written for PLC5 over 10 years ago:

A TOTAL OF 22 DATA FILE(S), 40 PROGRAM FILE(S), **
2 FORCE TABLE(S), AND 8 CONFIGURATION FILE(S) CREATED **
2328 WORDS IN 22 DATA FILES, 9712 WORDS IN 35 PROGRAM FILES **
256 WORDS IN 2 FORCE TABLES, 736 WORDS IN 8 CONFIGURATION FILE(S)

How do I calculate the overal program execution time, as I do not fully understand the relationship between the main processor and the comms processors?

It would take forever to calc the program execution time but if the system ran at an acceptable speed on a PLC 5 then I can guarantee that it will be blindingly fast on a L61.
Regards Alan Case