Modicon Help Please

Holeshot

What I am looking for is some literature that can help me understand the Proworx Plus software. I have never used it before and I have a short deadline to finish this job. I am used to AB, primarily the SLC family of processors. Are they at all alike? How does the scan work? If there is a good reference manual or any other learning tools out there that you are aware of please let me know!!

What Modicon PLC processor are you working with?

ProWORX Plus is an old DOS based programming package. I am not aware of any on-line reference for it's keystrokes. The windows based software is ProWORX NxT.

For help with the Modicon 984 Ladder Logic command set, go to http://wwww.modicon.com and search for these manuals:
840USE10100 - Ladder Logic Block Library User Guide, for all 984LL processors
GM-A120-LDR - Ladder Logic Manual, for 984-A120 Compact processors only
890USE14600 - Ladder Logic Manual, for Modicon Micro Controllers only

Each manual has a brief introductory section which includes I/O addressing and network scanning.

For a training class description of the 984 programming language and the details of the old 984 hardware download the "984 Student Reference Guide".

I am aware of the NxT software, but I am not using it becase the company that is purchasing this machine uses Plus. I may use it if I can "export" from NxT and open it in Plus when I am done and the plant needs there copy of the program. What I was looking for was the GM-A120-LDR, I think that is going to be a big help thank you. I have the "984 Student Reference Guide" but it dosent seem to be much help. Thanks Jim.... Your a big help.

The actual "downloaded" 984 Ladder Logic control program is the same regardless of the software used to create it. There is no PLC command difference between ProWORX Plus and NxT. You can create the program in one package, download it to the CPU, and then upload using the other software.

Your only problem is the documentation, this is not as easy to do, however there is a convertor (nxtconv.exe) between NxT and ProWORX (you can find it in your NxT directory).