How to check IMC S Class?

ckchew666

Hi,

We have a customer having problem with the IMC S Class (4100-232_. The site is quite a distance from our office. Before we depart to the site, we would like to verify if it's an IMC problem or others.

I'm not familiar with IMC & GML, referring to the IMC user manual (LED diagnostic), there are 3 LED to indicate the status of the IMC, when I ask customer to check they keep saying there are just 2 LED (labelled system OK), but the 3 LED in the user manual labelled 0, 1 & 2. I'd like to know where is the location of these LEDs? Is there a panel that covers these LEDs?

The problem is after operation of 2 - 3 hours the system OK LED on the IMC will goes off and the PV550 connected to the IMC will show error 602 - No active nodes found in the network. After that, they'll allow the system to rest (or maybe to cool down) before the recycle power & re-run the system.

Could this problem caused by the servo drive that is controlled by the IMC or the IMC itself has hardware failure. The programs in the IMC S should not be a problem as the system is runnning for a few years and it can run now (before system heat up).

Anyone has any suggestions? Thanks.

Regards,

I have seen an issue like this before, and as you say could be a hardware issue. Don't know if this is of help, but we narrowed this down to a faulty motor/gearbox. These motors are generally designed to run hot, but it's worth a try.

IMC - System Okay light dropping out

My system has been in operation for several years and recently the System OK LED has been randomly dropping out while in operation. I've read that this is a Watchdog LED, but am unsure what the Watchdog is monitoring exactly to further troubleshoot. Any assistance anyone can provide would be great.