Making a alarm history database

BoxerBrats

i AM WORKING WITH A 450 AD PLC, A 250AD PLC, AND A EZ-TOUCHSCREEN. IN MY PROGRAM, IF FOR ANY REASON LINE SHUTS DOWN SHOWS WHAT WAS AT FAULT. ANY WAY WHERE I CAN STORE THE MESSAGES IN A HISTORY TO SEE WHAT AND WHEN SHUT THE LINE DOWN?

I have to check this out then... I saw that just thought it was for comm errors

If that is true... I will come out looking like superman

funny how little things mean so much,I decided to add spanish translatation and this went over like gang busters. Now it is like downtown arkansas

I was in a meeting with the upper management of my day job. We were discussing the automation of the new facility, and they expressed that the devil is in the details, that any old joe can get you 80% of the way there, quite a few can get you 90%, but it's the guys who go above and beyond that are great at what they do.

it helps being out on dissabilty gave me alot of time to set up all the bells and whistles... using 2 languages, timers on all the motors(over 100)so if I dont get a confirmation input in 5 seconds thenitsends a fault to the screen to tell wich motor is faulted. Plus all E-Stops have inputs back so screen can show wich is pushed. Plus alsoshows if stop buttons are pushed... then can turn to spanish at the touch of a button (about 90% are spanish that work there)

Tark said:
No, Alarm History is for any tag you create.

Ok I went out and checked he "alarm databae" it does show when a tag is written to the screen. The only thing I'm not seeing is what was written. It is only shwing date time, tag wriiten. but no details beyond that.

What I am wanting is I set it up, so if a motor faults out, or a estop is pushed. I want to be able to look a the alarm history to see what motor had faulted, or if any estops were pushed, and what estops was pushed. It does show in the screen when it happens, but when another event happens, or when everything is cleared You have no idea what happened during the night, or the day before.