I have a question!

just_lionel

Okay, I'm still learning so I am trying to learn something new.

Can someone explain to me what the S:1/15 (First Pass) Bit does? And where it would be used? I've tried to look it up but alas, no help.

I have seen it in many programs that have been written by various people. Can I assume that it resets the program to orginal condition after power loss? (Its an educated guess by programs I have seen).

Thanks for all your help.

(Hey, at least I am advancing!)(y)

It is a bit that is on for the first scan after the program begins running. It is commonly used to initialize information in the PLC to a konwn state afer powerup.

Ok. So that part I sorta understand. Would the known state be presets and etc?

I've seen it programmed as an output with no input. Also seen as a input that is activated and then energizes a binary.

What would be a prime example of this? I know most of the programs I have looked at have this first rung in it and I am just trying to figure out how it is done.