Emulate HMI software on a PC?

goinkey

I would like to learn how an HMI works. I would like to practice with it at home. Is there any PC software that can emulate a HMI or MMI etc?

I did get LogixPRO (emulates PLC) as suggested here in this forum. Is there something that will work with that?

Still learning! :rolleyes:

You can try Citect.
It can be downloaded from the site at
www.citect.com

Or you could contact your local Citect rep.
They often let people have a CD for free.

You can run any system in demo for several hours, or connected to a PLC for up to 15 minutes.

Hope this helps,

Doug

I'm with Dougie!
Citect is a great package with full running functionality for 15 minutes "Free", and then you just restart it for another 15 mins, and so on. This 15 minute limit doesnot apply to developement so don't be concerned that it will become annoying.
It will teach you alot and has a great help system so you can learn for yourself.

Good Luck