FlexPak 3000 DC Drive Self Tuning

JamesWSY

Hi..
I am using 200 HP Flexpak3000 with field current regulator board installed. Analog DC Tacho with data 180V/1800RPM, 500 VDC and 252 Amps armature, 240 V and 3.2 Ampf of field.Top Speed is 1750 RPM, Maximum speed is 1750 RPM and minimum speed is 0 RPM.
Parameter 202 (Tach scale) is 100V/1000RPM, with HI range jumper.
I have difficulties to run self tunning of both CML and Speed Loop. Self tunning fault occur during self test. The detail fault message is incorrect tach scale. How to solve this problem? Any idea?
Thank you.
James

Two possibilities. First, are you sure you have a DC tach? It might be an AC tach with the Flex3000 doesn't handle.

Second, run the drive and motor in armature feedback mode and measure with a meter what the tach is outputting to the drive. The polarity may be backward or the scaling off.

That Flex3000 is a fine DC drive. Your problem is almost certainly not the drive's fault.