SCADA to PLC comms

Steve_D

I have an RS422 port on my TI545 PLC and I have a PC running a Citect SCADA package. I need to connect them, I know I can use an RS232 to 422 converter but Im a little short of Rs232 ports. I was wondering If I can use the USB port to communicate to the RS422 PLC port. If so, can someone suggest a type of converter that would be required?

Thanks in advance

Try the USB directors (USB to RS422/485) IC160A and IC161A from Black Box . It should also work if you convert from USB to RS232 with a good converter and then convert again with a RS232/RS422 converter.

Kind regards,

Jean Pierre Vandecandelaere

Similar Topics

Hi All, Have signed up here as I have a bit of a problem that I'm sure is straightforward to solve if you know how, and I'm hoping you'll be...
Replies
Views
Please i am trying to connect citect scada 6.1 and modicon quantum plc,i have setup the server,boards,ports and i/o devices on citect but the...
Replies
Views
Is it possible to connect a PC with running WinCC Advanced or Unified to a siemens PLC such as S7-1200 across different subnets? The computers can...
Replies
Views
Has anyone used Do-More or Productivity PLCs with VTScada? Or Ignition? Which was the easier platform to use?
Replies
Views
Hello Experts, I would like to know how can a PLC with modbus tcp/ip protocol can communicate with remote scada with modbus tcp/ip over gsm 4g...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom