Positioning using PLC w/HSC

milmat1

At present we are doing positiong using the plc(90-30) and a Quik-panel HMI.
I have encoder feedback to a HSC to monitor position. Then i output a two step speed control to the VFD.
As i approach the target pos. i switch to a slow speed to "creep" up to the preset counts. Also when moving in the foward direction i have to go past my target and "backlash" to the desired position. This requires a lot of confusing logic and a bunch of math operations as you can imagine.
My question is is there a better way of doing this type of positioning outside of using a servo. Such as a closed loop vector drive. Give me some thoughts ????

Similar Topics

Dear All I have S7-200 PLC CPU224XP and masterdrive MC with siemens servomotore having incremental encoder.Application is oscilating the motor to...
Replies
Views
Hi folks I would like to know, if there is an inexpensive method to contol an analog valve using a potentiometer and some kind of basic 4-20ma...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Could anyone give me some pointers of how to calculate the parts per min, on a simple semi auto machine, using S7 300 PLC and a...
Replies
Views
The system of position control is quite different in Beckhoff compared to Siemens. In a Beckhoff controller with Beckhoff drives on Ethercat, the...
Replies
Views
I'm working on a SCADA project in FTView SE where there are many instruments, each of them has a Faceplate that can be called by a "Go-To Button"...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom