Programming help required!

mjamil

I've attached a program I made couple of months ago.

I've found that my programming skills are pretty weak, the reason is I learned by my self, no studies, my background is with computers and some experience of programming in the early era.

I would like some of you, (if you can spare some time), to check the program I've made. and comment on the following,

1) The Microwin file is not well document, I accept. since the project is not final from my end. some of the symbols are unused (but I've kept them there in case I need to come back to them - pls. ignore these)

2) I think I have a bad habit of using SET/RESET too much, and maybe in a wrong way. I would appreciate comments as to improve this or alternatives to my requirement.

3) The shift register (SHRB) has been used, and we've replaced the Encoder with 3 or 4 cams, so as to facilitate the Maintenance staff to re-align the machine conveniently, when they have to dis-assemble different units.

4) Machine working: Its a packing machine, with a couple of sensors checking different types of faults (in accordance with the Timming Cam Sensor). basically there are two main thing the PLC does, it keeps track of the faulty packet and ejects the fauly one from the line.
Also when it checks the initial 3 sensors, if found any fault, it also stops the suction (vacuum) at the other section of this machine, which is feeding the Printed labels/empty packs. this thus saves un-nessesary wastage of PRINTER material. rest of the sensors, just kick out the faulty pack (and printing material cannot be saved, as the labels have been already loaded in the line earlier to the fault being detected.

Its like two lines merging together, one with the product the other with the PRINTEd label.

There is another thing, a CLUTCH in the machine, which can be engaged/disengaged (for whatever reasons). when disengaged the initial portion of the machine does not move (initial 5 sensors dont need to work) and the later portion (3 sensors) keep working. IOW half of the SHRB stops and the later bits of the register keep flowing.

One of the timing sensor is also used to count the next pack.

If I am not mistaken, I had to SET a bit in the program after the NEXT PACK sensor, cause when the machine is run in JOG mode, it also comes in the reverse direction due to the CAM load. for instance if you press the JOG button and release it, this causes the machines main SHAFT to rotate say about 100 degrees, but when it stops it takes a reverse and the degree at which it stops would be 80 or 90. This used to create a problem, if this BACK LASH would occur immediately over the NEXT PACK sensor, as this would count a pulse. (any suggestion, specially on a simpler way to avoid this)

I think thats about it, I'll wait till there are more questions. I would sincerely appreciate any help from you guys.

Regards,