Question about using 2 Barcode Scanners with Micrologix

vha23

Hi. As the title says, i'm tryint to connect 2 barcode scanners to a micrologix 1500 LSP (no additional serial port, just the programming port). Is this possible, or do I need a 1500 LRP. I did a search on this site, and came across this:

http://www.tomantron.com/index.html

Has anyone used this, or does anyone have any other ideas on what I could use? Basically, I'm looking to see if I get a good read or not on a scanner. I'm not looking to do anything with the ASCII string except to see if it is a NO Read or a good read. Thanks for any help.

Many scanners have digital outputs which can be configured to indicate read status. You may look into that if all you are looking for is is binary status.

thanks, i didn't even think about trying that. I'm so used to actually using the scanned data, I made this a lot harder then I needed to.