S5 Sequence Blocks

Potter

Can anyone explain the difference between a program block and a sequence block in S5.

All the manual says is:
"Sequence blocks are special program blocks that process sequence control, they are treated like program blocks"

I'm trying to understand the operation of one of our machines controlled by an S5, I understand the program blocks ok, but am getting a bit lost with the sequence block part.

Still a bit of a novice with Siemens, so any help greatly appreciated.

Similar Topics

Is it possible to use a MOVE_INT block to initiate a subroutine CALL block? for example, i have several CALL blocks and i want to use a MOVE_INT...
Replies
Views
Reality Check Question: For a Function Block Diagram, can I safely assume that a function will not output ENO until it has completed execution...
Replies
Views
To sequence through multiple MSG instructions with a Studio 5k program what are some preferred methods?
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I am a newbie and I have trouble in the control sequence. I have a system with 4 pumps. The required: Ex: Push a button to start in...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am having some trouble trying to use Port 2 on the direct logic (250-1) for K-sequence. I am trying to use RS-232, I have a breakout...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom