Mitsubishi Q series Serial Comms

RichardsBay

Hi,

I have a Mitsubishi Q00 CPU and a QJ71C24 Serial Module. I can get the module to send data (Which I see on hyperterminal) but can't receive any data.

Please help me

Thanks

Q series Comms

Assuming comms parameters are set ok.

Are you using GINPUT Instruction to read data in when X3 data ready comes on.
Have you setup the max number of bytes to receive, also end character, and word byte mode.
See buffer memories H144, H145, H136 Respectively.
Does the Rx light on the card flicker?

hope this helps.

Hi,

I am using G.Input. The Rd light does flicker but nothing comes in.
I can't seem to get the X3 data ready signal to come on.
I have ODOA as an end character.

Any advice on how to get the X3 signal on?

forgot to mention,

For 96H (Ch1's equiv to 136H) i have a 0,
for A4H (Ch1's equiv to 144H) I have 01FF
and A5H (Ch1's equiv to 145H) I have 0D0A

please help,
thanks

q comms

Have you set the max allowable number of words in control data for G.Input instruction.

In manual this will be described as S+3

Is the reception result S+1 zero or <0, X4 may come on if S+1 is not zero.
I am also assuming that you have set S+0 to 1 of channel 1

If X3 is flickering then some data is being received.
Try setting the end char to HFFFF. The card will then look for a fixed number of bytes, you may see something in the register you have chosen (D1 in instruction) ******I THINK! Though i have never tried this.
Check the buffer memory, there can be data there even If the end char has not arrived i think its BFM600 onwards.