HELP: VB program codes to communicate with PLC unit

velo

Hello peeps,
i'm doing a Visual basic6.0 program codes to communicate with PLC unit(NAiS FPG-C32T2) via a RS232 link.. what i need to do is create a touch screen "START" "STOP" "RESET" BUTTONS
i'm new to VB i need help to the codes and the way PLC AND VB communicate

You'll need to get a copy of the PLC's communication protocol, which is generally manufacturer specific. I don't recognize the part number you quoted so you'll need to do some searching on the web and then contact the manufacturer.

If you're unfamiliar with the way VB uses serial ports, I would recommend doing a search for "visual basic user groups" on the web and checking out many of the search results. You'll get more detailed information there then at this PLC bbs.

Good luck.

Two years ago I saw that NAIS manufactuerer is offering an Activex control that allows VB/VC programmers to easily communicate with their all PLC families.
So check it, It'll help you alot. (I can't find the link now)

Last edited:
Can u eleborate more on wat u said? the link doesn't seem to have codes that i can download or use,can't see any VB codes,only introduction.
Hope it's ok for u to contact thru email: [email protected]

ZAWTHET bro, can u tell me ur Email address .. i like to get more information from u pls reply my frenz

Peeps!!!!!!!!!i need more help- My PLC Unit(FPG-C32T2) is link to the CPU VIA a RS232link.. that's the only thing i know.Now i need to use Visual Basic6.0++ to create a Virtual " START "STOP" RESET " buttons.. i already have the LAdder logic of the PLC unit to control the movements of the machine.. BUT i don't know what to do so that i can use VB6.0++ to create the buttons to communicate with the PLC unit to control the movements of the machine.. can all the nice peeps here tell me what to do, or give me ur email add for me to get in touch with u. xxxx love u all

You can use MSComm control in Visual Basic 6 to send and recieve the command from Com Port. All the command format is same as the command in mewtocol manual.

If you have any serious problem, you can contact me at [email protected]

Good Luck.

Hi,

As you are not aware about this protocol details i would suggest you try to download NAIS OPC server or DDE Server!!! Life would be easy for you!!

Else you should understand what is MSComm control, how to capture the port, how to send strings, how to create buffer for reply string and handling error code check..

Happy working..