Pid

Luc De Ridder

I am controlling a heating system trough PWM. The problem is that I have too much overshoot and downshoot. Can anyone give a hint how to avoid this and how I need to do the PID in a correct way.

PID adjustment seems in place.

Some guide lines witch I use:
- Start with only the P factor. Leave I and D 0. With anly a P you will never get to the setpoint. If you set it correctly you won't get an over shoot. If you get an overshoot your P factor is to high.
- After setting the P factor you start plaing with the I factor.
- The D factor is almost never used. After setting the P and I factor you can try a bit of D-factor.

What kind of proces is the PID controlling. What is the reference point of the PID and what is the PID controlling ?

Regards,
Jurgen

Similar Topics

Hi, I would like to assemble a simulator/practice booster pump system that uses PID to maintain steady water pressure under various outlet demands...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a motor that we are sending a RPM Speed Output from 0-100% to the VFD. However, the Motor HP needs to be limited to 6000 HP and the...
Replies
Views
I have S7 1512C controler for controlling 48 PID temperature loop, the output is PWM. Please I need the best, most efficient way to write the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm having trouble solving a problem I've been working on for several months, and thought you might like a stab at it. The machine runs...
Replies
Views
How can I connect PID Output to a valve. In ladder logic program is there any logic do I want to add between valve and PID? PV=SP What will be the...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom