Pv+1000

wheatbread

I am in the development stage of a PanelView+ 1000 application and have run into a few obstacles.

I'm using RSView Studio software for the development. I am attempting to simulate what I have so far in runtime to solidify my understanding of the display navigation. The problem I have is when I try to test the application, I am receiving a "compile" error. After an hour or so of digging through the user manuals and help menu, I am coming up with no solutions.

The second issue I'm experiencing is communication related. I'm using RSLinx Enterprise as the comm link. I "trying" to communicate via RS232 between my PC and the PV+. However, while browsing with RSLinx I cannot "see" the PanelView. I tried using DH-485 driver and the DF1 driver with no luck.

Any help at all would be extremely appreciated.

wheatbread

For the compile issue, try using the RSView Application Manager to Backup your project file. Then use the same tool to Restore it using a new name. This usually clears up those problems in my experience.

OG

I have been using compact flash to download my application.Just load it
to your flash from your laptop,take it out and put it in your PanelView.
Copy from external storage on your PanelView to Destination internal
storage on your panelView.I also had trouble with RS 232.RS Linx I believe
is causing some problems.If you can communicate with your plc you can set
your tags on line.Select communication,local,and refresh folders,but you
may need to stop RS Linx to get RS Linx Enterprise to work right.Finally
someone I can help.Thanks to you guys who are helping me.