SLC 5/03 fault

hc5241

I have a replacement SLC 5/03E with OS302 FRN4 installed on it. I am getting a fault on an analog input card (1746-NI4) even thogh it is configured in the rack. Error indicates the SLC is looking for a Discrete card in that slot. Is this a firmware error? If so does anybody have a source to dowload FRN8 from? (Last PLC shows this same version except FRN8 and was running until lightning strike)

Thanks Folks!

I do not think it is a firmware error. The 1746-NI4 card pre-dates your FRN4 firmware. Check to see that te card is in the right slot. IF you do an Auto-Configure, what does the SLC say is in the slot in question? If it says that it is a discrete card, then can you enter the 1746-NI4 manually in "Controler, IO Configuration"?

Last edited:

Similar Topics

Hello all! I have some machines that run an SLC 5/03 and occasionally a fault is generated. Recent Example: A power supply wasn't screwed in...
Replies
Views
hello at work we have a machine controlled with an SLC 500 fixed, model 1747-l30c at fault, i plan to migrate to a micrologix controller. I'm...
Replies
Views
Has anyone ever seen this fault or have any insight as to what it was. I found this on an SLC 505 after we had the main breaker off working in...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I got called down to a plant to service a powdered metal press. It has an SLC 500 5/02 CPU that was faulted for the code 0002h...
Replies
Views
Hello! We have a drum rotation machine controlled by a AB SLC 500. The drum rotation inputs comes from a encoder into a 1746-HSCE. We are using 2...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom