closing function from with S7

Hi all,
I'm not that familiar with Siemens, i wonder how to close FB's or FC's. From in that specific FC/FB or from another OB or FC.
Should be easy for all you Siemens experts.

Greetz,

Heino

You dont have to "close" an FB or FC.
When the program reaches the last network in a block, it returns to the calling block.

You can end a block conditionally if you want to with BEC (Block End Conditional).

Thx Jesper,

But is there a possibility to end a function from another block
Lets say that i open FC2 from into OB1
Can i also close it from OB1 (without using a merker to communicate between those 2 programs).

Heino,

as far as I know, you can't. I don't see the use of it either. Why would you want to do something like that? Can you explain what you're trying to accomplish?

Kind regards,

Heino, a Step 7 PLC doesn't work in that way. It doesn't do multi-threading like some other operating systems, so OB1 isn't even being processed while FB2 is running. So, OB1 wouldn't be able to affect FB2 at all.

The only thing that OB1 would be capable of doing is calling or not calling FB2. But it can't call FB2 and then prematurely close it.

Hi Jean Pierre,

With us, Festo is standaard. When possible we buy a machine and give the necessary support or program it ourselfs. Of course not all machine suppliers will change into Festo and we don't allways have the time to do it ourselfs. Now, we've bought a German machine with S7. I've asked them to adjust there project-strucure as we use program in Festo, this will make it easier for me and my colleagues to adjust the programs orselfs. I realise that a one to one conversion is not possible, but i just wanna use the same structure. So here i am, converting Festo into Siemens (wich i don't like :-().
Groeten,
Heino