Compact PLCs

nkhajouei

N
Hi there,
This is a while which I am looking for a kind of Modicon compact PLC. It's more useful for some home simple application and it's possible to program it with ladder without any computer connected to it just with a few keys on it. It comes out with 8 , 10 and 12 I/O. If you know , could you please tell me what's its name?

With Regard,
NKH

Galverty and I are thinking alike, a smart relay may be the way to go you may also want to look at the Omron Zen it's less than $150.00, but there are many others out there who make smart relays. I just prefer the ZEN.

The modicon Micro, Compact, and Momentum all require programming software. The only PLC that I know of that you can progam
without the software is the Seimens Logo. It can be programmed
via a LCD display on the unit. Of course it's a lot easier
with the software which is 1131 compliant.I've got one to operate a few things around the house.It's got 6 discreet in and 4 discreet relay out.

Last edited:
Yup, thanks 93lt1.
I didn't know Schneider had an animal such as that.
It looks very similar to the logo.
Does it have a time of day clock?
Maybe thats what "time configuration" means.

Last edited:
JDW said:
Does it have a time of day clock?
Maybe thats what "time configuration" means.

Yes, you can get a T-O-D clock in (nearly) all of them, you just have to specify that option in the part number...

-Eric