Step5 V6.6 AS Function Disabled

shaulapto

Hi,

I'm trying to transfer all the blocks from a S5-115U CPU943 to a file using Step5 V6.6.
I'm able to see the directory of blocks in the PLC,but when I try to make transfer (Project>>Blocks>>Transfer) I receive the message:
"AS function disabled:function active".

Could any body help me to solve the problem.

Thanks

If I remember right you have to go into the file settings & turn on the communications, so long ago can't remember how to do it though.

I am sorry. I did not understand this thread correctly.
i have the same problem.
Maybe someone can help us.

Thanks

PS

If You cannot download program to PLC & U have problem like this; just do what I wrote in previous topic.

A little more info on this;

We're using a Siemens Field PG where you connect the S5 lead straight to the AG port. When I start Step5 a message comes up saying AS Interface not set on PG. I've looked through Device Manager, through Control Panel and looked at the Set-up in S5.

I set up to go online; via Com1; Standard to get a message along the lines of AS511 not ready.

I'm spitting feathers now.

Thanks in advance for any clues!

silva.foxx

Apparently you have to delete the program in the 943B/944B cpu.

Add the following line to a continuously called FB within your program, or create an unconditionally called FB;

RU RS210.0

Download this to your cpu.

Siemens are apparently unsure why this RS210.0 faults but it is sporadic with these B series cpus.

I found solution: I think the problem is in STEP5
I reinstalled my 7.11 version to 7.23 and then i could upload blocks form my 944B, but the same problem appered with 943B.
I reinstalled 7.23 to 7.11 and now STEP5 works OK with 943B but not with 944B.

I do not understand it :(

Regards

It's been a long time since I used S5 & it vas probably V6.xx, however I had simular problems & If my memory serves me right there are some settings in the communications menu, type A & B seems to bring back memories I know I did get a simular message, I have not got s5 installed now so cannot get to the required setup info.
It was on the online screen I think

S5

hi,

there are field-pg´s with the adapter S5/LPT/COM

-> S5-Port = COM1
-> COM-Port = COM2

when you use the 25 pin-cable -> COM1
when you use the 9 pin-cable -> COM2

hmi

Could anybody say something about solving this problem?
I'm still looking for solution.

What about RS 120.0? Does adding function RU RS120.0 helps.

Regards