Bristol Babcock?

Fitz

I am quoting a project to do a small BB control system using their Control Wave controller, and a Maple Systems HMI520H. This would be my first experience with BB - and Maple Systems too. I am most experienced with A-B PLC and SLC, but have used other brands over the years where a different PLC was specified. As far as HMI, I am comfy with PanelViews, PanelMates, QuickPanels and WonderWare.

How different is the BB programming vs. what I've had experience with? Same question for the Maple Systems?

Mainly wondering about the time factor for the quote. Time for learning, programming, debugging, comms setup, etc.

I hope some of you have experience with these and can provide some input. Thanks!

It's been a while but the old 3350's, 30/35's and 80's programmed in something called ACCOL (Algorithmic Control and Communications Oriented Language) or some such. Back then it was DOS and it's keystrokes came right from a VT100 (F3 into a block, F4 out...). Basically, ACCOL and BB used a block and wire strategy. For instance, there was something called a COMMAND block you could place into the program and then you could "wire" signals (read that as tag names) to the inputs and outputs of the block and the block would control a motor or valve etc.
This was in the way way long ago.
I actually thought Bristol went out of business.