Profibus Slave Status S7

USDutchman

Anybody has a simple and reliable way to detect if all configured slave stations are communicating. I want to Set (Clear) a bit or each node number indicating communicating or offline.

I know I can use OB86 to detect entering and leaving slaves, and find out which node number this is by Diagnostic adress, however this does not seem to work for powerup of the PLC or the Profibus card. (Unless I am doing someting wrong?).

Go to Siemens support and locate Entry ID:5362473 and then download an example project that will help you.

If you use Protool and Siemens panels, then you are in luck because there are example Protool projects for that too.

Notice that you can chose to use the more comprehensive FB125 that will give you detailed Profibus diagnostics, or the more simple FC125 that will basically give you a list of nodes that are OK or not OK.

Good luck.