possible to connect to micrologix with PCMK?

vha23

hi, as the title says, i'm in kind of a pinch right now and dont have the normal cable that i would use to connect from my serial pc connection to a micrologix 1500. I do have a PCMK card on hand though, and that cable does fit into the micrologix port. Does anyone know what settings I need to use to make this work? I tried looking on Allen Bradley's site, but this site always seems to be faster. Thanks.

i don't think u can do that. the pcmk card talkd to dh+ i don't know of a way to talk to a seral port.

thanks for the quick replies. it doesn't seem to be possible, at least not easily. i figured i'd give it a shot

You'd have to use the PCMK set to talk DH485 (and the appropriate cable) and then connect to a AIC+ that is cabled to the Micrologix. A very indirect (and more expensive) method to be sure.

vha23 said:
I do have a PCMK card on hand though, and that cable does fit into the micrologix port.
It may look like it should fit, but it doesn't!
If you made it fit, then the cable or port or both are likely damaged.