clearing a AB micrologics fault

turbotater

on a micro logics 1000 ( 1761-l32awa ) i get a fault of
"retentive data is lost " everytime i go to run mode .
i can clear it but it comes back . is there any thing i can
do on my end besides replacing the unit ?

i also have another micrologics 1000 ( 1761-L16awa)
that displays the message " this program has been protected from user access " , is there a way around this so i can use it
in a different application ?

more info : when you get the online proccessor information
from doing a whos active search it shows a proccessor type
bul: 1761 micrologics 1000 dh-485 /hd slave

does this mean it has to be used in conjunction with another unit?

The "rententive data lost" fault indicates that the RAM of the controller has been wiped by a power problem like a noise spike or short circuit. It's intentionally hard to reset.

The fault and the reset (manually poke a Zero into the data table) are described in Knowbase document E19443.

MicroLogix 1000 controllers were originally introduced in the mid-1990s with only DF1 Full Duplex communications. The later models that allow you to optionally use DH485 and DF1 Half Duplex Slave protocols are noted as such in the identity properties that RSLinx reads out of them. They don't *have* to be used with those communication modes, but you do have the option.

If that controller has been password protected, you can load a different program into it or clear its memory. Another Knowbase document describes the memory clear method, document A16851. I think for the "OEM Lock" function, the only way to reuse the controller is just to load a new program into it.

i followed the instructions on clearing the fault code
and you know what, it works !
thanxs

i still have not managed to get the other password protected
unit working though . i do not have a window for entering the password like the document says . ??????