1747-cp3

saigonmilk

I have the problem with the 1747-cp3 cable . I want to connect my laptop with the SLC 5/03 with 1747-cp3 cable , but i don't know which driver type to add in " Configure Drivers " of RSlinx Lite. Another problem is that my laptop does not have Com port , can i use the USB-RS232 adapter ?

You can use the RSLinx DF1 driver and you can use a USB to RS232 convertor.

Create a new DF1 driver in RSLinx lite, select SLC5/03 as controller, select baud rate, error detection etc as configured in tthe controller. Since you are using USB/RS232 convertor , Auto configuration will not work !. You have to manually select all the seetings and try browsing and connecting to the SLC.

If you are not sure about the communication settings of SLC, you have to do lot of trial and error method to get connected.

if you're lucky enough to have an offline (disk) copy of the program, look at the "Channel Configuration" for Channel 0 ... usually (but not always) this will tell you what settings you need to use when you try to go online ... this can (often) eliminate a lot of trial and error ...

and welcome to the forum ...