USB to serial convertor for Drive Executive

ckchew666

Hi,

We've a customer using Drive Executive, but recently they have changed a new notebook without serial port, so they are looking for a USB to Serial convertor.

Rockwell recommended 2 brands - Belkin & Keyspan.

According to the technoted DATED 2002, Belkin is tested to work with Drive Executive in Win XP, but not Keyspan. The problem is we don't have Belkin distributor here (malaysia), but we have Keyspan distributor here.
http://domino.automation.rockwell.com/applications/kb/RAKB.nsf/$$Search?OpenForm&Seq=1

Has anyone out there tried the Belkin convertor with Drive Executive in Win XP?

Thanks.

You could try the Omron one. It works pretty well but better to have a real serial port quite frankly, with anything I have tried but have not tried with the programs you mention.

The other option would be a PCMCIA card serial port.