Compatibility between S7 v5.1 and ...

Hi guys,

I need quick info!
I'm working with Simatic manager v5.1 with SP6, what is the latest version and are they both compatible or do i have to update to work on a project written with a newer version of Simatic manager

Hi,

The Current Version i think is V5.3 (XP/2000 Only)with SP2,It really depends on how recent the hardware/PC is you are using, Although you can update your hardware Catalog online.

Hope this Helps!

STEP7 is to a relatively forgiving when you want to open a project from a new version with an older version.
Problem may be that the old version do not support the hardware that is used.
If you just want to work with the code, you can allways export to "source" in the newer version, and import that in the older version.