Error 152h on SLC 5/03

Deer

Hi All,

I have a problem with my SLC 5/03, there is a fault on the processor.
With RSLogix 500 the faulty is 152h (there is a missing or remove I/O's on the slot 1).
Actually, I have checked I/O Configuration on the RSLogix 500, and there are match between I/O configuration list on the RSLogix 500 with I/O's on the chassis.
I have try to replace I/O on the slot 1 (1746-ITB16)with the new one, but the problem still persist.
Chassis? yes, I have replace also, but the problem still there.
Processor ? for this one, I can't replace because program already set as "ALLOW FUTURE ACCESS", unfortunately, we don't have off line program, so we can't try to upload program from old processor and download to the new one.
Any Idea??

Regards,

Deer

slc500 problem

hi there, excuse me if I can't help you with my answer, but maybe you can verify if in the socket memory stay a eeprom o ram card if you have a eeprom you can take it a try with another processor.

Try connecting to the proc. but create a new program and have it read the i/o configuration. Maybe its reading the card as something else.

Just a thought! I'm sure there will be more experienced advice from some of the others.

Drewcrew6

Something doesn't add up

I'm confused.

How are you getting the fault number and verifying the I/O configuration without getting online?

How are you getting online to a protected processor without first having the offline file?

Allen,

Since the processor fault, I have try to online with this processor using RSLogix500.
As I know (and I already try it), program with "Allow future access" that was set, right,the ladder logic we can't read, but for the project tree, we can still read using the RSLogix 500 (in online condition).So, with this project tree, we can still monitor the Processor Status, Error message,etc, even we don't have the off line file.
Thanks

Deer

Severe damage mimics Slot 1 damage

Deer,

From the SLC-500 Instruction Set Reference, page 15-16:
"NOTE: An I/O card that is severely damaged may cause the processor to indicate that an error exists in Slot 1 even through the damaged card is installed in a slot other than 1."

Since you can still get to the Status file, see if you can disable Slot 1 in the status file S:11. If it's really the module or rack interface for Slot 1 that is causing the problem, then the error will go away when you disable the Slot.

If it stays, then start going through the whole chassis one module at a time (power down before removing modules !) adding modules until you get a Slot 1 error again.