Drive ES Software

scimdarren

Hi

My S7 project will control a number of Micromaster 420 Slave VFD's via Profibus-DP. I have configured this in HWConfig.

From reading the documentation, there are special function blocks in Drive ES that make programming easier.

Is Drive ES a separate product that I would need to purchase? Or does it come on the VFD Product CD in the form of Drive Monitor and Starter applications?

Thanks

Darren

I believe you have to purchase it. Warning: if you create drives in the H/W config using drives ES integrated into S7 and someone else comes along with S7 without ES integrated, they won't be able to edit the h/w config !

Convenient but not necessary. If you use the siemens blocks, watch out for your memory as it will soon get gobbled up... what CPU are you using anyway ?

313C-DP, ok if I dont need Drive ES, I probably wont be getting it!!

I am struggling to find documentation directly relevant to addressing of the DP Slaves, I could really use some pointers to start me off, on the best program structure to adopt?

Cheers

Darren

In the "downloads" section I think there is some sample code for talking to Siemens drives over Profibus. I have only used MasterDrives with CBP cards and when you configure them you have to chose a PPO type in the h/w config. I guess it's similar for the 420's ?