Major Startup Heat

As always I am involved in commissioning in a hurry .

Has anyone worked with Yaskawa Servo drives ?

I will be working with a NS600 SGDH-50DE - Positioning, Speeds and other data will be exchanged using serial commuication from AB PLC Port O . Hardwire safety Interlocks intact.

Any feedback or comments on past exposure welcome.

Regards

I can't offer anything with regard to you application, but I have worked quite a bit with the Yaskawa Servo drives and I really like them. Yaskawa has a very good technical support here in Tennessee so I was able to get up and running quickly.

My applications used hardwired communications so I can't comment on the serial technique.

Best of luck to you. Hope somebody else can offer more input.

Steve

That servo will do exactly what you tell it to do. SO when it jumps around, it is because you are telling it to jump. Do not be afraid to use the tech support numbers at Yaskawa. I did a sigma servo a while back and the support and knowledge at the support sites is outstanding.

Read the manual and look at each parameter you think you need to set or change during operation. Write them down and then program it.

Yaskawa servos do well in serial communications. The addressing should be compatable with all instructions from the AB plc.

I recently did some service on a cut to lenght line using a yaskawa servo. It was flawless. Rapid accel, decel, stop on the mark. I used the display to monitor parameters to help prove it was not the problem.

I used a Yaskawa servo on a welder positioner.
The tech support was great.
My distie gave us a mismatched drive and motor, so loaned us a matching pair until the correct one came in.

Just watch your tuning, as with any servo.

I have used the Yaskawa motors and the support is good in the Netherlands.

I used the serial communication on an Xtradrive also from Yaskawa and it works fine. There can be some disturbance on the serial line but when you use good shielding this is not a problem.

We had some problems with the voltage on the main 24V supply because of the brake. This can be solved with an electrical component a VDR when I am not mistaken.

Henry