AB 1784-KTXD and Win2000 not working together

wlemst88

I've done the searches in the KB and here, and found some good info, but I just can't get Linx to work with the card.

I tried the KTXDIAG.exe program that I found from here, and that program can talk to the card just fine. All tests pass, etc. But when I plug those memory addresses into Linx, all I get is the "can not map" error. I look at the memory utilization screen in windows and pick an available memory address, and the KTXdiag.exe will work. But if I intentionally use an unavailable range, then KTXdiag won't work, but when I fire up RSLinx, the windows memory utilization screen will then show the memory addreses controled by a RSIKTcontrl (or similar).

I've tried all sorts of different addresses, but none work. It seems to mee that if KTXdiag.exe can talk to them , so too should RSLinx.

Maybe they're something wrong with the way I'm setting RSLinx up. Since I have dual port card, I'm setting up a KT-1 and a KT-2 driver. Both are set up to their respective memory addresses. I'm not using any interrupts, so I leave that to none. Seems right to me!

Any ideas?

Wes Lemstra

PS its a Pentium III 500MHz computer. Its not an AB comptuer or anything, just a normal PC. 256MB ram, 20GB hd. The bus is 100MHz, and the ISA bus is 8Mhz (I checked)

How about interrupts settings? Is the KTX card set to one by itself?

What about Win2000 service pack? If I remember correctly there was a service pack for win2k that fixed a bunch of stuff (most notably video drivers).

Just trying to stir the gray matter; maybe something will pop loose.