Panelview 1000

I don't know of any way to erase a program on a Panelview without using the software, You can modify programs or swap applications if you have a valid one on a memory card, but I can't think of a way to delete one.

Why do you need to?

I know that on a plus 600/700 you can go into the terminal settings and erase an application under file management, but I'm not sure if you can do the same on a 1000.

MartB said:
I know that on a plus 600/700 you can go into the terminal settings and erase an application under file management, but I'm not sure if you can do the same on a 1000.

Can you erase an actual running application? or only on on a memory card? I seem to remember it was only memory-card applications could be deleted, not the one in the terminal itself.

Actually, Wanderer, I'd use a smaller hammer because the ten-pound is going to likely punch a hole in the screen and miss the flash chip. You gotta use a precision tool if you're going to destroy electronics instead of structure.

There are certain key sequences you can press (or specific touch-screen elements) at bootup time to erase the current program, or to go into Configuration Mode.

These might be in the User Manual (I don't have time to read through it right now) or you can call Technical Support and have them described to you.

I usually use this technique if I'm going to ship a PanelView to somebody and I don't want them to see that I had previously been using it to automate my garage keg cooler.

As I recall hold down the left and right arrow keys to go into config mode. Might have to be this will the PV is starting up.

That is how you get into the config screen........

But,

There is no option on the config screen to delete the App in memory. Only deleting from a memory card. I don't know of any way short of possibly replacing the RTC module to erase the app without software or another app on a memory card.

OG