Sensor networks and plug-n-play

Nikhil

Probably, one of the hottest topics in the industry today (or atleast this is the way the academia put it) is the connectivity of sensors onto networks and making it plug-n-play. NI has already come out with the Transducer Electronic Data Sheet implementation and has certain signal conditioning equipment to make an existing sensor smart.
Anybody come across such a setup in the industry? I havent. Only read about it a lot in various white papers. Seems an interesting addtion to the sensing family.

Similar Topics

Hi everyone, I am working with micro850, a proximity sensor (FOTEK, PL-05P) and a 3DOF serial arm robot. I use MC_MoveRelative to control the...
Replies
Views
Maybe a stretch to call this a PLC question, but it does connect to a PLC input. I have two German switches: Sick WL9LG-3P2232 And a...
Replies
Views
Hi, Need help with coding for a faulty component sensor which we are using a push button as we are using a test rig. the plc is a allen bradley...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am implementing an incremental encoder sensor (ABZ) to replace the existing "manual" encoder wheel I have in my device. This is a 360...
Replies
Views
I am looking for temperature/humidity sensor recommendations. Would like the sensor to display temp and humidity. Need to connect to a Contrologix...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom