slc 503

juliang

Hi. I´m working in a new proyect. I want to read the acummulated value on a counter and send it to a computer using rs-232 port.
Which is the instruction or how can i send this value to the port.
Can i do the same with a micrologix 1000?
tks.

Hi,

You need to do more than some logic to send data to a pc.

The SLC has an RS232 port that uses the DF1 protocol, This is the usual way to extract data, you would need to write a PC application that would request data using this protocol from the PLC, Port 0 on SLC will send data in ascii but I have never used this & i will give it a try sometime but you will still need an app in the PC to read in the data, alternatively you could buy a Basic card for the slc, this is easy to configure & there is plenty of articles on the rockwell website then you could use windows terminal or some other free app to see the data, by the way it would make sense to move the data from the counter to a word in an integer file first then read the words from the file.