Moeller 416 CPU200 PLC

Michael Bell

Can anyone give me instructions on what to do when the battery light comes on on the above plc. I know that there are two batteries, one easily accessable, and one more hidden.
The machine is relatively old,we maintain it for another company near us. We do not have the original code for the plc!!!.

I suspect that the rear battery may not have been changed for some time, possibly longer than the recommended time. It is possibly also flat.
What is the best way to change the batteries without losing the code in the PlC.

Many thanks in advance of your help.

Mike B

Moeller

Thanks for that. I'm not quite sure what each battery does.
Should I change the front battery first then the rear.
Should I leave the power on and remove the module housing the rear battery, replace the battery then refit the module.

Mike B

Michael Bell said:
Thanks for that. I'm not quite sure what each battery does.
Should I change the front battery first then the rear.
Should I leave the power on and remove the module housing the rear battery, replace the battery then refit the module.

Mike B

I would change the front battery first WITH THE POWER ON!!! The manual says this is ok and there is no indication for the status of the rear battery so it could be dead and you don't know it.

Then I would leave the power on continuously for a few days to make sure the new battery is charged. After that I would change the back battery. I have never actually worked with this CPU so I don't know for sure but it looks like you need to remove the processor from the chassis to get to the back battery. With that assumption, you would definately have to turn power off to access the rear battery and so you better make sure the front is working properly before you do that... especially since you state you don't have a copy of the program to put back into the controller.

Hope this helps