MODICON to Siemens

fahadzaman

Dear Memebers
I have a project in which i will be converting the logic from modicon plc to siemens s7-300. I have the backup of modicon plc. i can open the logic in proworks.
Now the problem is that i am totally new to modicon. i am not understanding the addressing inside it. i cannot differentiate between the internal outputs and actual outputs.also, i am unable to differentiate between analog outputs and timers. I request the members to help me in this regard. I willl be grateful. my email address is [email protected]. Please dont hesitate to ask me any further questions.

modicon to siemens

Dear Members, I also want to add to my questions that how can i see the hardware configuration and the addressing of the IO cards.

I will be thankful

Fahad

I'm not familiar with proworks, but in most Modicon platforms a block of adresses in the 3XXXX range is assigned to inputs and a block in the 4XXXX range is assigned to outputs. Unlike most PLC brands there isn't a specific designator that (like I or X) that differentiates these from internal data or coils. You should be able to find a memory map or I/O configuration in the software that identifies I/O.

what abotu hardware configuration

How can i see the addressing of the IO cards. I am unable to see inside the project.

Fahad

ProWORX uses the menu function Traffic Cop to assign addresses to each individual card.

Modicon addressing is not dependent on the location of the cards.

Modicon does not have specific addresses for memory coils (internal relays) or memory words (storage locations). Depending on the processor the address can be 5 digit or 6 digits, it does not matter so I usually abbreviate the "extra digits" as X.

The common addresses are:
0 (example 00001 or 0X1), are digital outputs and internal coils
1 (example 10001 or 1X1), are digital inputs
3 (example 30001 or 3X1), are analog inputs, they are 16 bit
4 (example 40001 or 4X1), are analog outputs and internal memory words, they are 16 bit

Modicon does not differentiate between output coils and internal addresses. The usual practice is to use the lower numbered output coils as real outputs and the higher numbered coils as internal coils.
The standard we use at my site is:
Outputs:
00001 to 00512 (Digital)
40001 to 40128 (Analog)

Internals:
02001+
40500+ <Have to check if this one is correct>

Hope this helps.

PS, I know that some time over the next five years I will be trying the same job.