Allen Bradley Panelview 1000 Display, Help???

trynhard

Hi, I don't know anything about this stuff but I am trying to help a friend that is starting to panic. He has an Allen Bradley Panelview 1000 and the display is messed up, he says he believes it is a "burn in" from where it had been left on too long. It lights up but it is hard to read the most of the words on the display, they appear scrambled. It is responsive, you can touch the display and it changes but it is still hard to read the display. Can this be fixed? I'm sorry if this doesn't make sense, but like I said I don't know anything about it.

Thanks!

He can try replacing the backlight. If that doesnt't fix it he will probably have to contact his AB distributor and get an exchange or have it repaired, but it should be "fixable". Backlight p/n's are as follows:
1000 color Series A - 2711-NL4
1000 color Series B - 2711-NL6
1000 color Series C - 2711-NL7
1000 color Series D - 2711-NL9

If it is not a color, but a gray-scale PV1000, he will have to exchange/repair.