Wonderware Security?? Help

DBLD99

I was wondering if there is a way to lock the start menu or desktop like in rsview32 so the operator cant get into the c: drive ,basically only be able to use wonderware. Its on a XP Pro machine Thanks for any help

Windows Security

We handle this with the windows user/admin account security. We have an operator and engineering accounts (common practice). If you lock the privledges down on the user account, they can't do much anyway, even if they do get to the desktop.

The reason we use the Windows user accounts for security is continuity and consistency across systems in our plant. RSView, Wonderware, etc...has controlled access via one method.

Greg

Have a look at the WindowViewer configuration (\Special\Configure\WindowViewer). You can control whether a title bar appears, the min/max/resize buttons, allow/disallow CTRL-Break, Alt, CTRL-ESC, etc.

Then you could set up WW to start as a service and automatically starts when Windows first loads (potentially without any operator "logon" intervention).

The one caution - make sure that you leave yourself a way to stop the application (for modifications, etc). I usually use the Wonderware "User" accounts (\Special\Security\Configure Users) to control security levels within the running application, and with an Accesslevel of 9999, I change visibility of an "Exit" button . . .

I've used this in Wonderware 7.X, and assume it is similar in the later releases.

Marc