my new website

rsdoran

Lifetime Supporting Member
As I have stated before I have had my domain parked for awhile, last night I paid a new domain host for a year of hosting, my site name is mine for the next 10 yrs or more if I am around to keep it.

Anyway I am attempting to develop a website pertaining to info directly related to industrial machinery. HOW TO's, tips, tricks beginning with the electrical side but hopefully having info on mechanical, pneumatics, hydraulics etc.

I am not trying to step on anyones toes, I dont plan on having a forum (at least not in the beginning but not sure that would ever happen), not selling a book on plc's but may have a section where I sell used items from machines I pull but not necessarily plc's.

Anyway my site wont be directed towards just plc's but will have info involving plc's. What I want/need is ideas for things that you would like to see, items that you would like to see info on but isnt that easy to locate. Stuff like the NPN/PNP explanations, PID, motor connections, WYE/Delta info...whatever, the kind of stuff we all have to or need to know but dont always know and cant find.

I havent gotten the pages organized yet because I am also having to learn Macromedia Dreamweaver MX and Flash MX at the same time I put all this info together. I hope to have the first pages ready and up in the next few days. I promise 2 things at this time, no popups and never take info from this site without permission.

So if you have any advice/ideas/suggestions on material, organization etc please feel free to let me know. I hate being criticized (who doesnt?) but in this case once its running please tell me if it suxs if/when it does.

The site should be up in the next week and the URL will be http://www.patchn.com

Sounds great, Ron!... The more info "online" the better! Sounds like it'll be a great place to "reference" stuff discussed here in the forum.

I'll be sure to visit!

beerchug

-Eric

rs,

The only thing I can think of is robots. Everyone by now has got to be using some sort of robotic application. Just a thought.

Good Luck

Tim

Ron,

It must indeed be the case that you have much time on your hands! But then, once you get past the start-up phase, it should only (gee, that was easy to "say", wasn't it?) be a case of maintenance now and then... maybe...

I know you are a fan of some of my rants and raves. Feel free to use anything that I have posted in the past or will post in the future.

If you were to start making big-bucks in this venture, --yeah, right,-- then how 'bout 1-cent on the Dollar per instance? --- or, better yet, shares in RSD Inc? I wouldn't want to screw-up like the guy that sold "DOS" to Billy-Boy. I think the guy said he sold the operating system and all rights for $25,000. He says he doesn't feel bad about the deal... yeah, right!

If you have any special requests, let me know.

Good Luck, and I certainly will visit!

I am not trying to step on anyones toes, I dont plan on having a forum (at least not in the beginning but not sure that would ever happen),

I may have spoken too soon on this subject, seems that a BB and forum are the same thing. For whatever reason I didnt think of it that way. For convience as a way to get ideas etc on content/design whatever I guess I will probably setup a forum section. Email will also be an option but the use of a BB seems to be faster/simpler. I also didnt realize that the domain host provided so much, things sure have changed since I had my store online.

BTW Terry, I can only hope that doing this may lead into making a few $$$ down the road but its actually more of my learning process. I am not adverse to the money making concept though.

I would like to see information on pneumatics. Areas to include would be air pressure supplies, compressors, driers, cylinders, I/Ps, valve positioning.

Glad you said that godfrey, with fighting the new software and features I kind of forgot what this was all about. You triggered something and I know now how the basic format will be laid out, not so much in detail but a general sense.

Thank you very much.

Ron

Just to say good luck with this venture.

Any information pertaining to electrical, mechanical and electronic engineering would be useful, this could end up being a huge site.

I am sure that people who frequent this forum would be willing to contribute information for you if you want, well I would!

Don't forget to update your home page within your profile for this site.

Paul

UPDATE
www.patchn.com

I have posted the basic format for my site with some starter pages. Please let me know what you think and if you have info you would like to either post or have posted.

Last edited:
Your site looks like it's going to be great :cool: ..I'm ging to send you some "stuff" later....right now have to help w/ arrangements for an old Peace Corps friend and his wife...Very sad....David
bawling

UPDATE
www.patchn.com

I have posted the basic format for my site with some starter pages. Please let me know what you think and if you have info you would like to either post or have posted.

Looks Great! Will you add a hydraulics section or will that be part of the pneumatic... maybe just a fluid power section?

Take Care