Anybody can help me on Drive - PowerFlex & DriveExplorer

ckchew666

Hi,

We have a customer plant running PLC 5 with Flex IO and one PowerFlex 4 & one PowerFlex 700. They alreay have Drive Explorer V4.04.

1) The PF4 & PF700 need to be synchronize with each other (it's a feeding machine). Is there any special software to sync them or it's all done by the parameter settings?

2) I think the latest version of Drive Explorer v4.04 can support PF4 & PF700 series, correct me if I'm wrong.

Sorry, I'm newbie in drive :(

Hope to hear from you guys :) Thanks in advance...

Sorry for wrong info given, updates:

The plc-5 is controlling the PF4 thru an analog output (0-10VDC), while the PF700 is controlled by the analog signal from the PF4.

From what I understand, if we need to do sync for these 2 drives, we must set the parameters (output) in the PF4, then again the PLC-5 will control the speed of the PF4. Am i right?

The output of the PF 4 is basically the same as the input from the PLC. The output is for purposes of having two drives run in master slave mode for sync purposes.

Another way would be to have the PF4 using an encoder to provide the reference to the PF700.

Leadfoot said:
The output of the PF 4 is basically the same as the input from the PLC. The output is for purposes of having two drives run in master slave mode for sync purposes.

Another way would be to have the PF4 using an encoder to provide the reference to the PF700.

Thx for ur reply, so this means there is no other drive software to do sync, basically sync is done in the PF4 (master) to control the slave (PF700).

Thx a lot.

Each drive should have the ability to fine tune the output and input signals. You can make a small adjustment on either the output signal or the input signal to fine tune the slave speed. Check your manuals for the parameters to change the signals.

There are controls available to actually TRIM the speeds. CONTREX makes one. You need both motors to have encoders to feed the MB-TRIM control unit and then you can enter an offset to FINE tune the slave speed.

Todays drives it is just as easy to have the master drive the slave. You also should be able to use the secondary analog input to fine tune the slave speed with a pot.

We have a drive running an extruder and its speed is fed to the motor turning the shaft the material is being wound around. Then the rotation speed is fed to the drive moving the shaft along to get the spiral shape.

Leadfoot said:
Each drive should have the ability to fine tune the output and input signals. You can make a small adjustment on either the output signal or the input signal to fine tune the slave speed. Check your manuals for the parameters to change the signals.

There are controls available to actually TRIM the speeds. CONTREX makes one. You need both motors to have encoders to feed the MB-TRIM control unit and then you can enter an offset to FINE tune the slave speed.

Todays drives it is just as easy to have the master drive the slave. You also should be able to use the secondary analog input to fine tune the slave speed with a pot.

We have a drive running an extruder and its speed is fed to the motor turning the shaft the material is being wound around. Then the rotation speed is fed to the drive moving the shaft along to get the spiral shape.

Thx a lot for your info :) Let me c what I can do here...