s5 100u manuals

allscott

I am facing the unnerving task of having to replace a S5-100U tommorow. Does anyone have a link or an electronic copy of a user manual for one of these. I can't find anything at the Siemens web site. I am planning on taking the EPROM out of the one that has failed and putting it in the new one but don't know exactly how to load the CPU from the EPROM. Any help would be appreciated.

I'd make sure you upload the code first before changing the old one.

It might be that code changes have been done and the EEPROM hasn't been updated. If this is the case, when you boot from the EEPROM in the new CPU you'll be missing bits of the program. The bits that you are missing may not be immediately apparent.

Upload the code, change the CPU and boot it from the EEPROM, then go online and do a compare of the blocks with your uploaded code to make sure nothing is missing....

Good luck

JT :)