10 year old PanelView 550

Dave_in_Oz

Hi all,

I have a very strange occurance with a Panelview 550 model 2711 B5A2 PV550 Key Touch FRN 1.01-1.02 it is on a machine that is 10 years old and communicates to an SLC501.
Like a lot of companies the customer wanted to alter the operation of the machine but did not have a backup of any software so I uploaded from panelview using Panelbuilder32 v3.80. The source program appeared fine except for the node name, address and type were blank, this was easily rectified. A couple of additional fields were added to one of the pages and the program was downloaded to the panelview. This is when the fun began. There are 20 pages, 12 of which have 4 small bmp images on them. The panelview funtionality was as before, but a few of the
bmp images are corrupted (just a appear a block of lines) and all the others are rotated by 180 deg! Attempts were made to resize the bmp's etc but to no avail. Eventually I exported the bmps, rotated them in MS Paint and reimported to panelbuilder (now appearing upside down). The bmp images are now in the correct orientation on the panelview 550 but the same number/position of corrupted bmps remain.
Has anyone heard of this before?
(I'm in Australia so no wise cracks suggesting that thats the reason for the upside down images!)

I had the same problem on several packaging machines. I exported all the bitmaps, opened them in paint, rotated them 180, and imported them back into panelbuilder. Sure, it's backwards in panelbuilder but, the operators don't see it.