Can I have 1 t/screen, 1 SCADA & PLC in RS-485 network?

ckchew666

We have a small project for a furnace system. It has about 12 units of field devices (analog 4-20mA). We are not taking charge of the control part.

Our scope is just draw 2 - 3 pages of graphic in the touch screen (only for monitoring & no control) and SCADA (only monitoring & alarming, no control)

The system has a Yokogawa PLC, touch screen (Proface/Hakko) & a SCADA.

1) So, we are connecting the Yokogawa PLC---------Touch Screen---------SCADA (RS232-RS485 convertor) in the same RS485 network. Any problem connecting them together in this network? We cannot have TWO master in the same RS485 network, right? In this case Touch screen and SCADA (PC) are consider master, PLC is Slave.

2) One of the analog input (4-20mA) is from a analog sensor (O2 %) wired into a combustion controller in the furnace system. This signal need to be display in the T/screen and SCADA. Can we split the signal (4-20mA) into two and one going to the combustion controller input, another to the PLC input?

Hope to hear from you guys :)

Thanks.