Looking For Good Low End Servo Controller

KEN_KACEL

We have been using compumotor Zetas,Geminis,SX and BLHX servo controllers for our applications for a long while. The 6000 series language is top notch but the manufacturing of these products is in the toilet. Seems every job some of controllers and even motors have defects more than I would expect. This has increased our engineering time, ready to go else where. I am looking for compareable units with a good language with excellent peripherial instructions for COM port control and ASCII data and a handful of definable I/O.

A few years back I used a Baldor Mint drive that work good for a good price. I have also used Delta Tau pmac and I am currently using Delta Computers RMC100. These controllers may be a little to much for your application. However Delta Computer has a RMC80 that is 2 axis that you may want to look at.

I've been using SEW for a long time, although I don't know how this compares size and price wise to your application.
Their Movidrive B Servo Drives are a considerable improvement over their previous controller, with built in RS 485 coms port, internal bus for synchronising multiple Servo Drive units, 8IO, and space for option cards that include more IO, Bus cards such as Profibus, device net or Ethernet, and even a new PLC option card if you want to turn your drive into a PLC. It also has properly designed safety inputs for E-Stopping.
See: www.sew-eurodrive.com for manuals and info.

Checked Out Pacific Scientific

I downloaded the ASCII set for the 300series. The instructions look more for setup then writing a canned program. Does this program (i.e. lookup tables, JSR routine, IN triggers, ect.)

I am not familiar with Kollmorgen but know its widely used but another option may be Yaskawa...the price part I am not sure about though because I am not sure what size you need, using plccenter.com as a reference a DR2-01AC (200V 100W) amplifier is $929 retail.

You can download SigmaWin Lite but it gets weird how to get to it (I havent found a direct path yet)..goto this page http://www.yaskawa.com/site/products.nsf/products/Multi-Axis%20Motion%20Controllers~SMC2000.html then click on downloads on the right, then a search window comes up..in Product Group select Servo, in Document Type select Software...then click Search..another window will open and one of the choices will be SigmaWin Lite.

SigmaWin offers default files per device with the ability to modify plus has I/O, status, encoder and alarm monitoring.

This is their main servo page: http://www.yaskawa.com/site/products.nsf/productGroup/ServoSystemsAndMotionControllers.html
FYI they also have eLearning modules for their motion products: http://www.yaskawa.com/site/Training.nsf/training/MotionELearningModule.html

KEN_KACEL said:
I downloaded the ASCII set for the 300series. The instructions look more for setup then writing a canned program. Does this program (i.e. lookup tables, JSR routine, IN triggers, ect.)
I always use a stand-alone motion controller, which most often is a Trio... :nodi:

🍻

-Eric