A Phil Request

BOWRIDER

Some time ago Phil posted three long threads on PID. It was fantastic. Not that long ago he also did a couple of outstanding posts on scaling analog signals. I wonder if it would be to bold to ask for another one of his brilliantly composed instructional posts. I would love to see one on servo motor control, with logic examples etc. He does such an excellent job of explaining things in a non-techie fashion so that even idiots like me can understand!

Just my humble request.
Any one else want to chime in?

OOPS I SCREWED UP!!! IT WAS RON THAT POSTED THE PID THREADS, I BETTER HURRY UP AND SEE IF IT WAS RON THAT DID THE ANALOG THREADS AS WELL. I HOPE NO ONE TAKES OFFENSE AT MY SCREW UP, SORRY RON.

Last edited:
Phil and Ron

Anyway, Both of them did - and still doing- a great job of explaining things and giving know-how to others.

relax, Bowrider,

no offense taken ... in fact, I will accept being confused with Phil as a genuine compliment ...

as for your request: sorry but no “servo-motor” or other types of “motion control” topics are likely (at least from my end of the pipe) any time soon ... I only teach and write about subjects which I can nail down with actual “hands-on” demonstrations ... as of now, I have no motion-control equipment available - and the boss hasn’t seen enough requests for that type of training to justify the expense of setting me up with those types of toys ... right now I’m pretty tied up with putting a “technician-level” ControlLogix program together ... that seems to be the next opportunity on the horizon ...

and thanks to you and to Ayman both for the kind compliments ... and (as always) to Phil for the forum ...