90 micro on delay timer question

plc_padawan

Hello everyone,

I'm working on a project where I'm turning a set of 6 lights on, one at a time. When you press the start button, light one turns one and then what I want to have happen, is every 5 seconds another light comes on till all 6 are on.
The problem arises when I try and use more than 2 on delay timers. For some reason, the count on those timers jumps up to over 33000, which means I have no way to turn them on and reset them. It's probably something simple, but I'm not sure where to look. Any ideas on how to solve this?

thanks
Tom

Each GE Fanuc Series 90 timer uses three consecutive %R addresses. For example, a timer that is addressed to %R0001 actually uses %R0001, %R0002, and %R0003.

Without looking at your code I'll bet that you addressed the first timer as %R0001, the second timer as %R0002, etc. Change your ladder logic so that the if the first timer is addressed to %R0001, use %R0004 for the second timer, %R0007 for the third and so on.

Tom,

Does the GE Fanuc allow access to the Timer accumulated time value? If so, then a better solution would be to use one timer, and then use comparison statements to check the time and turn on the lights when Timevalue = Target. If it was an Allen-Bradley SLC500, that is the way I would do this logic.

Lancie,

FYI, in a GE Fanuc timer with base address %R0001, the base address (in this case %R0001) is the equivalent of the AB .ACC register, the second of the three addresses (in this case %R0002) is the equivalent of the AB .PRE register. The third register is a control word in which can be found the equivalent of the AB .EN, .TT, and .DN bits.

It seems that AB and GE use a similar object model for their timers.