Time stamp

Amr Hassan

Hi

i want to record the time of occurance of few inputs
i am using s7-314 cpu
i know that there is sfc1 which returns the time and date but i can not recall how to seperate them and how to access them

thanks
amr

Is it really so much easier to post a message here than to hit F1 when you already know the SFC to use? Or to do a search in the online STEP7 Help for the datatype DATE_AND_TIME?

Ken

no posting the message is easier!!!!!

i checked the manaual of the manaual of the SFC and did not find any revelant function

The SFC manual tells you how the SFC works. I assume what you need help with is how to get the single DATE_AND_TIME variable split in to separate Year, Month, Day, Hour, Minute, Second etc variables?

Well, cunningly, the first byte of the DATE_AND_TIME holds the Year as a two-digit BCD number; and the second byte holds the Month; and the third byte holds the Day ... etc. And you can just load, convert and transfer each of these bytes to wherever you wish.

Hmmm ... now, where did I find this information myself ...?

Ken

Ken M said:
Hmmm ... now, where did I find this information myself ...?

From this forum, probably! :ROFLMAO:

amr,

You could use SFC1 (read real time clock) or you could use the OB1 execution time (#Date_And_Time) from the temp data of OB1.

If you search this forum with the keyword SFC1, you will find some threads that describe how to do what you want.

If you still require help after that then post again and we will see what we can do.

Paul