MM440 frequency drive auto-reset

userxyz

I have a PLC with some drives on profibus, these drives must run 24 houres/day. When there is a voltage shutdown, and it comes back, then the drives are in F0070. When I use auto-reset, they will not restart automatically, the on bit must be inhibit?

what should i do?

If I remember correctly, then to reset an alarm on a MicroMaster, it must be stopped and the Start command (or Release or whatever it is called) must be OFF.
I used regular inputs on the terminal block, but it must be the same over Profibus.
The next time it happens, try to use FORCE to experiment with which combination of the control bits will reset the alarm.
You can then update the program to reset the PLC when you want to (maybe with a button on your HMI).

F0070 is Communications board setpoint error. This means that the drive faulted because it is no longer receiving telegrams from the Profibus master.

Control word 1, bit 7 is the Fault acknowledge bit that you can toggle to reset faults. However, if the drive's Profibus communications board does not have power, the drive is not going to receive any telegrams via Profibus. I make sure the drive's Profibus communications board is powered whenever the S7 is powered so Profibus communications are available. There are two terminals on the board so it can be powered independently of the drive.

You could disable telegram monitoring by setting P2040 to 0 so that when ever the drive loses communications it will not fault. I think this is a bad idea, because if the drive loses communications it will continue to run you will not be able to stop the drive except for some type of emergency stop.